Sunday, September 15, 2013

My life in a suitcase

How do you travel for 10 months with your life in suitcases? When the thought first occurred to me I thought hey, I don't have much stuff. This should be easy. But as we packed up our apartment, the amount of "STUFF" we had was just overwhelming. There is never going to be anyway that I'll be able to fit everything. But with the help of SpaceBags and a little ingenuity we did it. Now navigating the airport was quite entertaining. So I had two of the largest suitcases, a duffel bag, and my backpack. My wife had two of the smaller but still large suitcases, her carry on suitcase and purse. We looked like badly packed tourists! Fortunately we only had to navigate to the counter and not across the entire airport. Oh and did you know that there are no mailboxes after you go past security. One would think people would have some sort of mail to send out. Besides you already go through a security check. One that is probably more advanced than the ones used at mailing facilities. Oh well.
Our flight had no issues (Iceland Air) and we flew into Reyjavik. Such an interesting airport. Not the behemoths you see in elsewhere. Simple construction, low roofs, and basic materials of glass, wood, and steel. Oh Iceland your the bane of my existence in "Plague." Then we finally made our way to Frankfurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment