Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Old and New Family

After celebrating with my classmates, the following day was for my family.  As I have previously stated no one had any idea that I was coming.

My first victim was my little brother.  I had texted him several days before saying that I bought Dad a gift and it needed to be picked up in Worcester early Saturday morning.  Of course "I" was the gift!
And this is his reaction....

After a quick meeting with an advisor we drove back to Western Mass to surprise my parents.  They were closing up the bagel shop together...

We went out to lunch and then went home.  My next surprise was my brother-in-law. He had been napping with his son, my nephew, who was only born one week after I left to Germany.  In other words I had never met my first nephew.  This was my first time!

My older sister, coming home from work had a surprise in store for her.  You can see her sudden reaction to my appearance...

I went out to dinner with friends back in Worcester.  On the way back I also surprised my other brother-in-law, and my best friend/cousin and their spouses.  It was pure jubilation to see the look on people's faces when they saw me!

Finally catching my little sister was nigh on impossible!  I had to wait until the night was done and she was in bed to finally get to her...

It was my first big attempt at a massive surprise and I am surprised I pulled it off without a hitch! 

The next few days were spent with family and friends.  I said goodbye to a friend who was moving out of state before I would return to the US.  Took care of my taxes.  Packed away all the winter clothes that I had brought back with me.  And finally just enjoyed time with my nephew, as he will also being moving shortly after we arrive back in the US.  Overall it was a great time to be back home.  Just enough where I felt that I saw everyone I needed to, and didn't over extend myself. 

My little nephew and I
Wearing a University of Heidelberg onesie


No comments:

Post a Comment